We would like to take a moment in the midst of all this uncertainty to tell you about some of the ways the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Mississippi Delta remains committed to fulfilling our mission to "To enable all young people of the Mississippi Delta, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, and responsible citizens."
New videos and updates will be posted each week until our Clubs reopen!
We would like to introduce you to our new website, www.bgcmsdelta.org. On it you will find updates on the many resources available to youth during this time:
- Daily Wellness Checks from Club Staff for Registered Club Members
Virtual Learning Opportunities through Zoom & Facebook
- Homework Help
- Fitness Activities
- Literacy Activities
- The YDToolbox App – this free app, developed by Boys & Girls Clubs of America, is available on the App Store. Any young person, Club member or not, can access activities, games, and challenges that provide safe and appropriate virtual contact with other young people from all over the country.
- Schedules with additional plans and progress for youth to access these resources will be available on the website in the coming days.
- Local BGC locations & Staff Contact Information
- Updates on Special Events & Fundraisers like Clays for Kids and An Evening of Blues!
In an effort to ensure the health and safety of our Club members, their families, and communities The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Mississippi Delta is following the recommendations of the CDC & MSDH regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. As per these recommendations we have chosen to CLOSE each of our 9 Club sites.
With the increasing impact of the novel COVID-19 virus, we are monitoring the situation through local health officials and are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). We recognize the importance of prudence in this circumstance to flatten the curve and spread of coronavirus, specifically the new COVID-19 strain.
- As of Wednesday, March 18, 2020, our Admin team will be working remotely to carry out regular duties. We encourage parents, Board Members, Advisory Members, stakeholders, and visitors to communicate via phone and email. All future meetings at our offices are now temporarily suspended.
- In the event you need to drop off any envelopes or packages please notify a member of our Admin team. Arrangements can be made to use our lobby for any necessary drop-offs. We ask that you assist us by maintaining a safe distance in an effort to protect yourself.
Don't forget to check out the other areas of our website!!! You will find tons of information on our programs and organization, meet our Club members, sign up for our newsletter, and learn how you can get involved at the local and Corporate Level when this pandemic is over!
Thank you for your interest and support! WE are HERE! WE are WORKING to serve our communities! YOU are in our thoughts and prayers!
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Mississippi Admin Team and Youth Development Professionals