WORKING WITH YOUTH TODAY MEANS A BRIGHTER FUTURE FOR EVERYONE.
When you volunteer at a Boys & Girls Club of the Mississippi Delta, you can make a difference in the lives of youth and give back to your community. Within the first few minutes of walking into a Club, you know you're in a special place. The Club is a fun and hopeful environment filled with the sounds and energy of spirited children and friendly, caring professionals.
Whether you help with homework, coach a game, or teach an art project, you'll have the opportunity to build healthy relationships with young people eager for adult guidance and have a positive impact on their lives. In turn, you will find that spending time with these young people positively affects you.
THERE ARE MANY WAYS YOU CAN VOLUNTEER*!
At Your Local Club, You Can:
- Serve on the local ADVISORY COMMITTEE where you can
- Be an ADVOCATE for the Club,
- Lead a "Class" about something YOU love,
- Coach a Club Team,
- Become a Mentor to One youth regularly that fits your schedule,
- Address a need in your community
- These are just some of the options you have for getting involved with the Club in your community!
At the Organizational Level, You Can:
- Become a Member of the Corporate Board of Directors,
- Serve on a Governance Committee: We have Standing and Ad HOC Committees like Club Safety, Resource Development, or one of our organization-wide fundraisers like Clays for Kids, An Evening of Blues, or one of our others throughout the year.
- Be an ADVOCATE for the Youth of the Mississippi Delta...
- Do you have another IDEA for how you would like to become a part of making a young person's dream a reality, give us a call! We'd love to hear your ideas!
Please note that ALL Potential Volunteers & Mentors MUST complete the necessary application to submit to a full background check BEFORE interacting with youth. There is a fee associated with the required background checks. We uphold this safety practice to protect our Club Members.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BACKGROUND CHECK PROCESS, PLEASE GIVE US A CALL AT 662-763-5234.
*At this time, we have volunteer and mentor opportunities at the following Clubs:
- Itta Bena
- Yazoo City
If you would like to volunteer at a Boys & Girls Club in another area, please get in touch with the BGC organization that Club is affiliated with.