To Be a VOLUNTEER or MENTOR!!!
Working with youth today means a brighter future for everyone.
When you volunteer at a Boys & Girls Club of the Mississippi Delta, you can make a difference in the lives of youth and give back to your community. Within the first few minutes of walking into a Club, you know you’re in a special place. Filled with the sounds and energy of spirited children and friendly, caring professionals, the Club is a fun and hopeful environment. Whether you help with homework, coach a game, or teach an art project, you’ll have the opportunity to build healthy relationships with young people eager for adult guidance, and have a positive impact on their lives. In turn, you will find that spending time with these young people has a positive impact on you as well.
There are many ways you can volunteer*!
At Your Local Club You Can:
- Serve on the local ADVISORY COMMITTEE where you can
- Be an ADVOCATE for the Club,
- Lead a "Class" about something YOU love,
- Coach a Club Team,
- Become a Mentor to One Youth on a regular basis that fits your schedule,
- Address a need in your community...
- These are just some of the options you have for getting involved with the Club in your community!
At the Organizational Level You Can:
- Become a Member of the Corporate Board of Directors,
- Serve on a Governance Committee...We have Standing and Ad HOC Committees like Club Safety, Resource Development, or for one of our organization-wide fundraisers like Clays for Kids, An Evening of Blues, or one of our others throughout the year.
- Be an ADVOCATE for the Youth of the Mississippi Delta...
- Have another IDEA for how you would like to become a part of making a young person's dream a reality....Give a Call! We'd love to hear your ideas!
Please note that ALL Potential Volunteers & Mentors MUST complete the necessary application to submit to a full background check BEFORE interacting with youth!!! There is a fee associated with the required background checks. We uphold this safety practice to protect our Club Members!!
If you have questions about the background check process, please give us a call at 662-763-5234!!
*At this time we have volunteer and mentor opportunities at the following Clubs:
- Itta Bena
- Yazoo City
If you would like to volunteer at a Boys & Girls Club in another area, please contact the BGC organization that Club is affiliated with.